InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Michelle Rodriguez - The Official Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

What If (R) UPDATED, Updated 03.10.07 (Ch. 1-27)
lettyrodriguez01
  Posted: Dec 23 2005, 06:27 AM

Lex

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Title-What If
Author-Lex
Disclaimer-Don't own anything from TFATF, so please don't sue!
Feedback-Appreciated, this is my first solo written fic. All comments welcome.
Archive-Sure, just let me know where first
Summary-What if Mr Toretto wasn't killed by Linder? What would be different, what would stay the same? This is my take

CHAPTER ONE – At the Races

Anthony Toretto looked over at his son and daughter queuing up for hot dogs at the nearby stand, bickering childishly about relish and ketchup and which was better. He chuckled to himself, running a hand over his shaven head as he studied them.

Amelia, Mia, was the true beauty and likeness of her late mother Isabelle, from her long black locks of hair and cocoa butter skin to her toothy white smile and contagious laughter. She was slender and tall for all 15 years of her, looking older than she was

However her brother Dominic was not so innocent, he in fact was the opposite. Tony sighed; Dom always got himself into trouble. His 6ft something son had a short fuse and a temper that would make his mother roll over in her grave. At seventeen Dom was already known for sleeping with all the girls and Tony could only hope he'd find a woman that would make an honest man out of him.

"...Dom you're such a moron, I can't believe they're letting you graduate next year." Mia's voice snapped Tony back to reality. She and Dom were walking back towards him, munching on their hot dogs and teasing each other.

"Well, I can't believe you're so fat." Dom retorted, immediately cringing from the hurt look on Mia's face, he hadn't actually meant to hurt her. He watched his sister put her food and soda on the picnic table he and Tony had set up early and go inside their trailer where her best friend Letty was reading a car magazine.

Tony slapped his son upside the head, "Go apologize to your sister Dominic." He scolded eyes sharp and serious.

"But dad..." Dom all but whined though it was no use, with a wave of his hand, Tony dismissed him.

--

"He's not that bad, brothers are assholes sometimes, just like we piss them off. It's like sibling duty or something."

"He said I was fat though! Am I fat? Am I?"

Letty laughed at her friend, laying the magazine she was reading next to her. "You know you're not chica, Dom's just pissed because Vince had to be at some family thing out of state and couldn't come here to 'balance the sexes'." She deepened her voice as she spoke the last words, imitating Dom from earlier.

"Great, two against one." The girls turned to look at Dom standing in the door of the trailer, rolling his eyes.

He didn't like the fact they ganged up on him. Hell, Letty's bad enough on her own without Mia, he though grumpily as he stepped into the trailer fully.

"Go away Dom, we're having girl talk." Mia commented, scoffing at him.

"Mia I'm sorry, it was just a joke!" he took a seat next to Letty on the slightly beat up couch.

"You called me fat!"

"You called me a moron"

"I proved my point, you moron!"

"Careful you don't look at any food Mia, you'll get even fatter!"

"Enough!" Letty yelled over them, leaving both Toretto's glaring at each other silently. "Geez, you guys need to take some pills or something." She shook her head "C'mon, your dad's racing soon, let's go help him out."

Dom grumbled something but got up and went out the trailer, avoiding his dad's look. Mia also left the trailer, muttering along the lines of 'someone needs to cut his dick off, it's past second hand'.

"So Mr T, when you racing, can't wait to see you do your sh*t." Letty smiled, leaning against the end of the picnic table, oblivious to the looks guys were giving her as they walked passed.

Looking over at Letty, he frowned. "Don't curse, you're a lady and they changed my track time to later, my slot had too many racers."

"Letty? A lady?" Dom busted up laughing, holding his sides. "More like-"

He was cut off by screaming and people running towards the track. An explosion sounded and the four took off running to see what the fuss was. When they got there they saw a car blazing, black smoke inching its way towards them. Tony went to talk to someone who had seen what had happened before he came back to the girls and Dom.

"Looks like someone ran Hakil off the track," sighing, "track's closed. Dom, take Letty and Mia back to the trailer, pack things up. I'll be there in a minute, I have to get the charger." Tony finished.

"Alright dad no problem." Dom answered, ushering his sister and her best friend away as his father went to get the car.

"Thank God that wasn't daddy." Mia stated her face filled with mixed emotions. If the time hadn't been changed, she could've been without a dad.

"Don't think like that baby girl." Dom put his arm around his little sister's shoulders, reading her thoughts. "The important thing is it wasn't."

CHAPTER TWO – One Week Later

A week had passed since that fateful day at the races and although someone had lost their life for it to happen, everyone seemed to gain an appreciation for life and those around them.

Tony realized that he was incredibly lucky to still be here and that he'd be more careful from now on and began to cut down on the races he went to, so that he could spend more time with his family. He now remembered to count his blessings and hold onto them, take care of them.

Flipping the chicken over on the grill, Tony took the sauce and brush from Mia and lathered it onto the succulent meat.

Mia smiled at him; "smells great daddy." She said, sitting at the picnic table where Letty was watching Dom and Vince play basketball. She noticed that her brother seemed to be a bit distracted however.

She knew Dominic had had the crash on his mind ever since it had happened, and the thought that his father could have been the victim, though he'd never admit it, it scared him. Ever since he'd taken measures to make sure the family were alright, which was good with her because right now she wanted the knowledge there was people to take care of her.

"Come on Dom!" Letty yelled, laughing as Vince dribbled down the drive and attempted a shot at the net, failing miserably.

"Dominic," Tony's voice carried to his son. "Can you go to the store and pick up some things for the salad? Bring Letty with you too, you might be able to put a brain cell together" he teased them.

Dom turned in the direction of his father, having been trying to block Vince getting to the net, forgetting the game immediately. "What kind of stuff?"

"Just the usual Dom, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes. Go on or the chicken will be charcoal by the time you get back.'' His father replied, impatience growing.

"And you're asking me to bring Let with me? The one person who only ever has one thing on her mind..." he said to his father, then turned to Vince and nudged him and winked. "...Me."

Vince chuckled a little and nudged him back, disturbing him from retrieving a bottle cap from his back pocket. "Nah, she got better things to think about like...me..." he quipped, causing Dom to chuck the cap in his direction.

Vince, now having the open chance to score, decided instead to shoot at Dom's head. He did, and missed, narrowly, the ball flying in front of Dom's face. He caught the ball and chucked it straight at Vince's head...scoring, sending Vince backwards and causing him to let out a cry of pain...followed by a chuckle.

Mia rolled her eyes at her brother and Vince's antics. "You guys are such...guys."

"Well observed Mi." Letty chuckled, brushing her hands on her jeans as she stood up, stretching a little before going over and picking up the basketball and dribbling it around as she waited for Dom.

Dom turned to Lett and snatched the ball from her. "C'mon, let's go." He flashed a grin at her before lifting her up and slinging her over his shoulder. He winked across at Vince, who was chuckling harder. "Catch ya later, man."

"Don't be long!" Tony called after them, shaking his head in amusement.

"Hey!" Letty yelped as he picked her up, "In your dreams Dominic, in your dreams!" She raised a brow, her eyes in direct line to his crotch. "Do you stuff your pants?" she asked, trying to keep the sh*t eating grin off her face.

Dom dropped her and playfully hit her arm. "100% Toretto, baby girl." He noticeably looked at her chest. "So...do you stuff your bra?" he asked, his eyes visibly fixing themselves to that same spot.

Shoving him away she snorted. "Unlike your hoes Dom I don't need to. 100% all natural." She smirked, moving her head in the way of his view. "Though you'll never get to cop a feel my friend." Letty turned and walked away from him.

He caught up with her fast, backing up mentally on her comment. He really liked Letty, had done for as long as he could remember. Even when she pissed him off and wouldn't leave him alone, he still liked her. He liked that she wasn't a 'ho' and could be trusted, even if he didn't have anything to give her to trust.

He liked her eyes and how he honestly thought he could see things in them. Like when she smiled, her whole face would light up, but the real happiness was in her eyes.

She walked down the street, side by side with him but never said anything, too deep in thought.

Her eyes scanned the house down the street, the house in which she used to live in.

That was before all hell broke loose and her family fell apart. Her parents and little brother Santiago were killed in a car crash, died on impact. She pushed the tears that threatened to rise, down. Her family were the Toretto's now and she didn't want to lose any of them.

Dom hated the silent moments between himself and Letty as much as he loved them. He liked watching her; he could watch her all day. But at the same time he wanted to hear her voice.

He gazed at Letty's old house, and thoughts of what had happened came to mind. He didn't know too much. But he knew enough.

"So..." he began, shoving his hands into his back pockets and shrugging, an irresolute expression taking his form. He hoped maybe he could take her mind off of what had obviously begun to spin round in her head.

"So..." she replied, she knew he was trying to comfort her in some way, pull her thoughts from the day she'd become an orphan and a small smile touched her lips, bumping into him as she walked, "Man slut." she teased.

He smiled. So what if I am, he thought. "Just cos you're still a virgin." he knew that thinking of Letty this way was a sure fire way to turn him right on. He couldn't think of her being anything but pure. He watched her face for her reaction, curious to know what she might reply with.

Letty looked at him, both brows raised. "How would you know if I was? Just because you're sister is doesn't mean I have to be." she told him flatly, unaware of his attraction to her.

The store came into sight and Letty felt a surge of energy pull at her. "Race ya!" she took off towards the store. Though she knew Dom was going to win she couldn't help but like the thrill of the chase.

He did indeed catch her up within about four steps, pushing her off-balance as he ran past. He poked his tongue out at her looking back over his shoulder before running smack into a cyclist. Luckily...walking with the bike.

"Real smooth Dom!" laughed Letty when she got to him. Her eyes were shining through her laughter and she shook her head, chuckles still coming from her and she went into the store to get the salad stuff.

Dom laughed, as well as the cyclist, and followed her into the shop, watching her grab the goods.

Walking through the aisles Letty came upon the shelf of condoms and picked up the smallest size there was, throwing them to Dom before getting the rest of what they needed, and stopping for a few minutes to look at the cd's.

Dom frowned, looking at the packet, and chucking it back in her direction. "Hey, I'm not paying for your boyfriend's condoms; tell him to get his own!" He joined her at the CD aisle, immediately grabbing a case. "You know, I can sing..." he said, his eyes fixated on the back of the CD case, his eyebrows rose as if for shameless promotion.

"Yeah right, sure you can Dom." Letty rolled her eyes; putting the CD she was holding back down as she headed for the counter. "I remember your 6th grade show!"

He put down his CD also and followed her to the counter, and once there, slipped his hands gently around her, and leant his face close to her ear, beginning to sing "Hush, Little Baby." He really did have a voice, and even when at the tiniest of volumes. He slipped some money up onto the counter to pay for the goods as he continued to sing.

She looked over her shoulder at him and cracked up laughing, shoving him away. "That doesn't count as a song Dom." Letty picked one of the bags up, handing the other to him as she left the store.

But there was something about what he did that got to her, something that felt so right. His hands on her, his voice in her ear, hot breath on her neck...Letty shook it off. It doesn't mean anything, he's your friend, she thought, trying to make an excuse for his actions.

He chuckled to himself and thanked the assistant before leaving. He caught her up one more time and took the bag from her. "You don't have to carry that." he watched her a moment as he took the bag from her hand, using his free hand to unwrap her fingers from the bag.

"Got any plans this weekend?" he started once again, just to hear her speak. Just a little bit more. He liked these times when it was just the two alone, speaking. They could really talk if they wanted to. He always wanted that.

Yet Letty opening up to him was a decision she had to make. Not the other way round. And so he left it. Let her tell him whatever she wanted. Just as long as she spoke to him.

Letty shrugged, letting him hold the bag, for once not bitching about how she was just as capable as him. She scrunched her face up slightly. "Mia wants me to help baby sit the kids down the street on Saturday. Other than that I have nothing planned. You racing?" her eyes cast upon him, curiosity in them.

More than anything Letty wanted to go to one of the street races, but Tony wouldn't let her or Mia until they were 16. She didn't argue his rules but it still sucked.

Dom listened intently to her words, shaking his head a little at her last set. "Nah...I just think I'm gonna cool it for a while." Racing...kept reminding him of that crash. It freaked him out, no face. He wasn't afraid to admit it. That guy...the thoughts of it being his dad...

She nodded in understanding. He didn't have to say it for her to know why he wasn't racing.

"On Sunday we could all go to the beach or something, and then come home to watch movies." she suggested as they rounded the corner back to the house.

He shrugged. "Sure."

"Finally!" Tony exclaimed when they came into the garden. "We thought we'd have to send out a search party or something."

"They were probably fighting about what kind of lettuce to buy." Mia chimed in. Letty never told Mia that when alone she and Dom got along pretty well. But then what sister wanted to know her best friend liked the person she fought with on a daily basis.

Dom chucked the bag in Anthony's direction and grabbed the basketball, resumed playing, but as he continued, something allowed him to remain attached to Letty. Emotionally. He felt just that little bit closer. Probably nothing, he thought, as he began dribbling the ball.

"Food's done!" Tony called, setting the last of the bowls and platters on the table. They all took their seats; Tony at the head of the table, Dom to his right and Mia to his left, Letty next Mia and Vince next to Dom.

The silence at the picnic table was a comfortable one. It was part of the routine. Tony looked around at all the kids, trying to force them to take a piece of food with his eyes. "Come on, don't be so afraid." he kept the grin from his face.

Letty and Mia both avoided looking in his direction, instead looked anywhere but him. They didn't want to say grace, it wasn't their turn.

Dom cleared his throat. "I did it yesterday, Dad," he told him, knowing it wasn't his turn, for sure.

Vince's actions were imitations of Letty's and Mia's. Avoiding all contact with Anthony. His eyes avoiding Anthony. Perhaps he was playing a game of statue.

Tony held his gaze on Vince. "Come on Vincent, you know you're hungry." he sat back in his chair. "If you don't say grace that's fine but you'll go even hungrier."

Mia looked at Vince. "V please?"

Vince grumbled a little, looking at Anthony first then at Mia and mumbled something unintelligent beneath his breath, causing Dom and Letty to chuckle a little. He cleared his throat, clasped his hands together, closed his eyes, rested his chin on his fingers, and clenched his jaw as he thought of what to say, the others bowing their heads also, smirking.

"Whenever you went hungry...you ate. So let us. Thanks, God," he concluded, and with that, sat back, released his hand, and smiled contently to himself. "The chicken's too far away could someone please pass me eight pieces?"

Tony chuckled and passed Vince the platter of chicken as the girls started chatting about something. Once again he watched all of them. These were his children and his 'adopted' children and though they all had their faults, his heart swelled with love for them.

CHAPTER THREE – Halloween Night

It was Halloween night at the Toretto house, and like all holidays, Tony took Halloween very seriously. It was another great tradition of his. All the garage mechanics were invited with their families, the neighbours and their friends and just about anybody Tony could think of to ask, and they were all there, crammed into the house and back yard.

Dressed in his Elvis white jump suit, Elvis hair and shades, Tony greeted the guests in his best Elvis voice as they came into the house/Adams family mansion. He smiled watching the children point out the various things on the front lawn; gravestones, skeletons, ghouls and goblins. Not to mention the toilet paper Vince and Letty had thrown on the house and the eggs Dom had splattered against the windows.

"Letty, are you done yet?" Mia tapped her foot impatiently outside the bathroom door as she fixed in her vampire teeth.

"No! I look like a slut in this Mi!" Letty said, eyeing herself in the full length mirror.

"So not much of a departure from normal huh Lett?" Vince teased as him and Dom came down the hall, fully dressed in their costumes. Vince had chosen to be the hunchback of Notre Dame and Dom was Batman, much to the amusement of Mia, who was now banging on the door of the bathroom.

Lisping through her new teeth Mia tried once more, "If you don't open this door, I'm coming in there!" She pushed the handle again, and again had no luck.

The door swung open a minute later and Letty stood there with a scowl on her face. "I'm meant to be Lara Croft, not slut Barbie." She glared at Vince as he started to laugh.

"You look great Lett, come on, my dad's probably buggin' that we're taking so long." Mia grabbed her hand and yanked her towards the stairs.

From the moment Letty had opened the bathroom door, Dom had been mentally slapping himself for letting his eyes wander over her body. They'd travelled up her long tanned legs to her flat abs and ample cleavage then stopped on her face, letting his gaze linger there. He admired how she never wore make up and how effortlessly she managed to have an effect on him. He imagined her feeling as soft as silk and tasting like vanilla.

He was snapped out of his day dream by a slap on the back.
"You just gonna stand there and drool all day or what bro?" Vince asked, brow raised and smirking.

"Wasn't drooling..." Dom mumbled, heading downstairs after the girls.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"You're cheating!" Mia squeaked as Vince pulled her string high so she couldn't reach it. They were playing a game outside and the rules were simple, eat a doughnut from a string that's suspended from the washing line. The one problem was, with your hands behind your back.

Grinning, he let the string go and went back to eating his, inevitably he won. Vince did his victory dance and gloated as Mia sulked, going inside to wash her now sticky face.

"Cheating against girls, you should know better." Letty spoke up from where she was holding Dom's hands behind him as he bobbed for an apple in the large punch bowl.

"Aw c'mon Lett, she's good at everything else."

A gasp came from Dom as he lifted his head from the water, an apple between his teeth. He pulled his hands from Letty's slowly and took the apple from his mouth. "Did it!" he offered the fruit to Letty, who shook her head.

"Dom's that disgusting, it's been in your big fat mouth." She snorted.

"Afraid of germs Letty?" Dom chuckled, "you share my beer all the time."

"That's different."

"No it's not."

"Yeah it is."

"Not."

"Is!"

"Well how are my happy helpers?" They all turned to Tony, mumbling and muttering that they were fine. "good because the ghost walk in the basement is done and you have to show them around."

"Aw man Mr T."

"Dad, we did it last year."

"Yeah big A, can't we take a rain check?"

There whining and pleading got them no where and they all trudged inside and downstairs to the basement. Gonna be a long night, Dom thought while getting a nice view of Letty's ass out of the bottom of her shorts as she bent to tie her boot lace. Might not be that bad though...

A few hours later Tony had retreated to his room, claiming he didn't feel too good and that he'd probably just eaten too much candy.

All the guests had left an hour or so after that and Mia and Letty went to watch a movie in the living room.

Letty was sprawled out on the couch, a bowl of candy in her hand and a can of coke in her other. Mia was lying on the floor with a bowl of popcorn beside her, eating it whilst her eyes were fixed to the screen.

They were watching the latest Halloween movie, Resurrection, and every time Mia jumped Letty chuckled in amusement. They did this every year.

"So you think under that mask Michael Myers is hot?" Mia asked her friend, putting a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

"Mia, the guy's been through hell and back, I doubt that mask protects him from everything."

"Hmm..." was all Mia said, satisfied with that answer for now.

Mia looked over at Letty as the movie finished and stood up, pulling her friend up too. "Let's go bug the guys."

"But..but.." Letty began but didn't finish as she was dragged outside to the garage.

Out in the garage, Dom and Vince were talking as Dom had decided to work on this car his Dad had bought for him for his sixteenth birthday.

"So what was that with you earlier? Not dancing with Tran's sister before, who is a major league score, and everything?" Vince started as he fiddled with an accessory he couldn't quite figure out.

Dom worked away at unscrewing a tight bolt under the hood of the car. He mumbled something beneath his breath, the words deliberately too quiet.

Vince figured Dom didn't want him to hear. He shrugged to himself as he played with the accessory, juggling it from hand to hand. "Well whatever it was, I bet it was somethin' to do with Let."

Dom picked up the cloth that was strung over his shoulder and wiped his hands on it, as he looked up at Vince. He was a great guy, but what did he know? Dom wasn't interested in starting this conversation and so didn't say anything, but when he saw the girls come in, his eyes lightened up.

Letty was still up.

Great, maybe he could talk to her about cars for a little bit. Or something. Just as long as they got to talk, that was good enough for him. He slung the cloth back over his shoulder and waved at Lett, and flashed a smile, before resuming unscrewing bolts and whatnot.

Mia looked at Vince and went over to him, sighing. "Is it just me or is Dom totally obvious?" she asked him, her voice too quiet for anyone else to hear.

"Sup guys?" she walked over to Dom and saw him struggling to screw in a bolt deep inside the car. "Need a hand?"

Dom shook his head as he pulled on the spanner. Although he was struggling he still managed to get it going, the wear and tear making it even more difficult to get in. He wiped his brow as soon as the bolt was in and rested the other hand on the edge of the car. "Hey, could you do me a favour and pass me that bigger spanner over there?" he asked, pointing towards it. He watched her head move in the direction of his pointed finger, and smiled a little.

Vince nodded. "Guy might as well get a tattoo across his forehead." Vince licked over his lips and smiled, nodded towards Mia. "So...what's a pretty little girl like yourself doin' home tonight when you could be out with your boyfriend?"

"What boyfriend? Marco? He's just a friend." She shrugged and looked at him, frowning. "And I'm not little."

Letty went to retrieve the spanner and handed it to him. "Well, if there's nothing I can help with, me and your sister are gonna go watch the last movie, wanna come?"

Dom shrugged. "Maybe later," he mumbled, thoughts of their last 'movie night' flooding to his mind. He moved back a little, rested his hands on the front of the car, looked at the inside. "On second thoughts..." He looked at Letty, one eyebrow raised, as he pulled the cloth from his shoulder once again and began wiping his hands off. He moved across the garage to where the spanner had been before and replaced it. He chucked the cloth aside and, facing the office desk still, stretched out, yawned. "What's the movie?"

Vince looked Mia up and down, a little disappointed at how Mia had spoken of Marco...he'd hoped she'd turn around saying, 'What boyfriend?' But noo. There was a potential boyfriend. He smiled a little and nodded. "You're right, you're not."

"Cherry Falls." Letty tugged at his arm, pulling him towards the house. "If we don't put it on soon Mia's gonna be asleep and we don't get to watch her freak out."

"I heard that!" Mia half yelled before putting a hand on Vince's leg. "Come on let's go watch the movie"

Vince hesitated a moment as Mia jogged off to go watch the movie. He sighed and flipped the light switch before leaving the garage and closing the door behind him.

Dom followed Letty out, having been tugged along most of the way, and plonked down on the couch as she went to go and slip in the rental. "Cherry Falls, I've seen that," he said as she slipped it in. he looked around, hoping there were some yummy snacks within reach.

"Tough, you're watching it again." She pressed pause, waiting for the others as she went to get more food, plopping down next to him and putting her legs over his lap casually. Letty turned the movie on as Mia and Vince came in and got settled.

Dom looked down at the legs in his lap, and shuffled a little beneath her to get a little more comfortable. If he could do that at that moment. He leant his head in an arm that was resting upon the arm of the couch, and watched the credits beginning to roll on the TV screen. He stole a glance Letty's way, noticing how she'd surrounded only herself with various snacks and drinks. How she could eat all that and still look great astounded him. She had a pretty perfect figure, he thought to himself, watching credits roll past, still.

Letty turned and moved, trying to find a comfy position and ended up with her head on Dom's lap and her legs hanging over the other arm of the chair. Her eyes focussed on the movie but her mind began to fall asleep, her eyes half closing as she tried to stay awake.

Mia was fast asleep ten minutes into the move, snoring softly on the floor next to Vince.

Vince had also fallen asleep, snoring open-mouthed against the floor of the lounge.

Dom looked down at Letty in his lap, beginning to fall asleep, just as she had done before. How was it that he was the only one that stayed awake through the entire movie? He decided quickly that he'd had enough of the dumb movie and lifted Letty gently off of him, rolled her onto the couch, for him to get up. He headed straight upstairs, and to his room, but on the way decided to stop by his dad's room to say goodnight.

He knocked upon the door gently, and as he turned the handle to go in, he uttered a gentle, 'Dad?' Almost a whisper, but still with sufficient volume. He didn't hear anything, and peeked his head around the door, to find Anthony asleep, having been reading something.

He headed over to the bed and slowly, gently, removed the papers from his hands and set them aside on the bedside counter. He reached over the other side of the bed, kneeling upon the bed slightly and over his father to click the side lamp off upon the second side table. He pulled back and waited a moment, just watching his father sleep.

"I love you, Dad," he finally whispered, before heading out of the room. He made a backwards glance at his sleeping father and whispered, "Night, Dad," before leaving and clicking the door shut behind him. He waited a moment at the door, thoughts of that crash coming back to him once again. And also...his mom, and how she'd always come in and talk to him before he slept. He silently thanked God that his father hadn't been taken from him that day, and proceeded to his bedroom.

Please Review!

Lett,
wink.gif

--------------------
~x~. x .~x~ Tempation is Both Heaven & Hell ~x~. x .~x~ .
user posted image
~x~ I'm a Modern Day Eve & Dotty is My Shiny Red Apple ~x~
AV & Banner by emz
Leigh
Posted: Dec 23 2005, 11:43 AM

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Ack! More more more!

Can I just say....EXCELLENT way to break in the fanfiction board. I read so many TFATF fics that are just....not in tune with the characters....they usually make young Letty all doe-eyed for the big perfect Dom....this one is very true to characterization....just b/c she's 15 she's not a foul-mouthed virginal pushover with a crush....she's still....Letty...strong, confident, flirtatious. You rule. I hope you'll post more asap, b/c I'm dying to read more! I'm a stickler for accurate characterization, and you have it spot on so far, keep it up!

--------------------
Choose Love
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER....FOR SOME REASON....
Hannah
Posted: Dec 23 2005, 05:12 PM

Godess of the Rubber Duckies

Member No.: 23

omg! i absolutly love this fanfiction! can you please write more chapters? i can really imagine all the characters to be like this, when they were younger.

keep going! biggrin.gif

--------------------
oh2sexy
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 01:03 AM

Fan

Member No.: 26

wow!! omg greatt story please keep more comin'!!!!
lettyrodriguez01
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 04:15 AM

Lex

CHAPTER FOUR – Watching & Walls
(Dom’s POV)

I watched her through the window, moving towards the backdoor with my sister, and her laughter rang in my ears as she came inside. She was wearing a khaki colored tank, dark jeans with an ammo belt and her trademark boots. Her slender fingers slid up the cover of her cell phone, she pushed a few buttons and a soft jingle came from the phone before she slipped it back into her tight back pocket.

Her eyes connected with mine for a few seconds and she smiled. My brow furrowed, it didn’t reach her eyes like usual. Instead there was a hidden sadness behind them. “Not causing trouble are you?” I grumbled towards them, sipping at the bitter coffee in front of me.

“No, Letty’s just keeping secrets from me.” Mia glared at the slightly shorter girl then came and sat in the chair opposite me. I could tell she was frustrated, my sister always likes to know everything. The slight blush on her cheeks gave it away the most.

Standing, I tipped the now cold liquid into the sink and nodded, stretching out and leaned into Letty as I walked past her. “It’s not nice to keep secrets.” I smirked and kissed Mia on the head and playfully ruffled Letty’s hair then disappeared out to the garage to help dad on the Charger.

I know, I know, I should’ve taken my own advice but it’s not really a secret. The only person who didn’t seem to notice was the person that mattered the most, ironic kind of.

The next few days Letty wasn’t around as much as usual and it was even stranger that Mia was out with her too. I kept a note to myself to ask her about it the next time I saw her but it seemed that she was never gonna come back.

My dad said that she had probably just found a new friend or that she might be dating but I was pretty skeptical about that as the only people Letty stuck around were at the house, where she wasn’t lately. As for the guy part, I just laughed. The Letty I knew didn’t care about stuff like that. Did she?

She couldn’t…

Could she?

Would she?

Vince slapped me on the back and I snapped out from my thoughts, narrowing my eyes at him slightly. He just smiled in return and nodded over to where my favourite raven-haired beauty was leaning over the hood of a beaten up old Nissan 240sx.

“Look who stopped by.” My dad called to us before ushering us towards him and Letty. “We were beginning to think you’d found someplace or someone more interesting than us.”

“Never Tony. I’ve just had a lot of stuff on my plate.” I noticed her body tense at the playful accusation and her arms fold across her chest in a subconscious defensive.

Something was wrong…

Something was making her put up all those brick walls again…

Something was causing her hurt and pain…

…And I was determined to be the one to protect her.

CHAPTER FIVE-Discoveries

The sun was beating down on the garage like crazy, making the people working there uncomfortable under its rays. The males took off their shirts and rolled up the legs of the overalls up to their knees, however, the females weren’t so lucky.

Mia, once again, swept away a sheet of sweat from her forehead and proceeded to do the paperwork on the battered desk in the office that had piled up. She silently cursed her brother and dad for being ‘incapable’ of adding up numbers and making sure the books were all in order, 2+2=4 how hard is it?

Letty moved around the Nissan she’d been given to work on, groans escaping her parched lips in soundless pleas. She had been working on the transmission and so far had no luck with it but refused any help the guys offered. She stretched; her hands clasped behind her back and then looked at Tony. “Can’t we close early?” She asked, picking up a wrench in her hand and turning it over to inspect its size.

“Now Letty, what kind of garage would do that?” Tony chuckled but his face was tired, the heat getting to him as well. “Well, I guess this garage for a day.”

From across the garage where Dom and Vince were putting on a new body kit there was two simultaneous ‘woops’ then the clatter of tools being thrown into the tool box and hung back up on the wall. Mia stood and gathered the papers, debating whether she should finish them at home.

“Oh screw it, they can wait another day.” She muttered to herself and went out to the workshop to be with the others.

Dom handed his father the keys to lock up and grinned at Letty, picking her up suddenly and throwing her over his shoulder. He laughed when Vince did the same with Mia and they carried them out to the cars, kicking and screaming like kids.

“Dominic, Vincent!” a shout, tinged with humour sounded and they slowly put the girls on their feet steadily. Mia gave Vince a shove and shot a glare at them both before getting into her dad’s car. Letty just rolled her eyes a little and rubbed her lower back carefully.

Dom frowned. “Sorry, didn’t mean to hurt you.” He gave her a small smile and opened the passenger side door to her. Instead, she headed for Tony’s car and slid in the back, not saying a word. Sighing, Dom got into the driver’s side of his car and sped out after Vince, his dad following.

When they got home Mia went to make the dinner and Letty went straight up to her room. Dom took a second and followed her. He heard her door shut softly and the sound of running water from her bathroom. He opened her door quietly and stepped inside.

Letty’s room was dark red and cream and although she wasn’t much of a girly girl, she had many stuffed toys – mostly monkeys – sitting in a hammock in the corner of the far walls. Her bed was just bigger than a twin but not quite a double, just perfect for her and there was a large collection of car models on the shelves next to it. He smiled, remembering her eyes light up when he had given her one for her birthday one time. On the wall opposite was the door for her bathroom, her desk on one side of it and a sofa on the other. He spotted the journal that lay on the plush arm of the sofa and his mind wondered to what the contents of it contained.

The water turned off and he looked up, snapping out of his daze and panic struck through him. He should be in her room; he knew that, only Mia was allowed in to clean it or unless they were having one of their ‘girl talks’, which was pretty rare. But it was definitely a ‘male free zone’.

He went for the door but hesitated, realising if he went out she’d know someone had been in there. So instead he crawled under her bed, the small space making it difficult for him to breathe.

Her footsteps sounded on the floor and he caught glimpses of her long tanned legs, the cotton towel stopping at her thighs, shielding more of her bronze skin. He couldn’t help but stare but something else took his attention.

Letty had sat down at her dressing table on the wall of her room door and slowly clipped on a bra, tugging the towel from underneath it so it splayed across her lap.

Down her back was a long black and purple bruise, sliding down the length of her spine. Cut marks, seemingly from a knife, drew patterns across her skin.

His blood ran cold and his breath caught in his throat, his whole body tensing with anger. He studied the marks and become aware of the fact they weren’t just careless swipes. The patterns all tied together and formed some sort of symbol.

Who the hell did this? Dom thought, his jaw clenching.

She moved again and went back into her bathroom and he took the chance to leave before he made his presence known. Edging out from under the bed he stepped out of the room, clicking the door shut softly behind him. He ran a hand over his face, leaning against the wall for a minute.

This was obviously the reason Letty had been distant lately and he was at a loss of what to do. Names flooded his mind but none of them stood out. That was until one hovered a little longer than the others.

Johnny Tran.

PLEASE REVIEW

Lett,
wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
AV & Banner by emz
Hannah
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 06:50 AM

pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase keep writing! tongue.gif it rocks! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Leigh
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 02:48 PM

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Holy mother of all things good and holy!

This fic is AWESOME. And, seriously that's a huge compliment coming from me b/c I am usually such a hard to please fanfic reader. I really don't get into very many or like very many fics....and I read a lot of them so that should tell ya. biggrin.gif

Seriously, this fic rules. More more!

*waits anxiously*

--------------------
Choose Love
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER....FOR SOME REASON....
mojo
Posted: Dec 24 2005, 03:34 PM

Fan

Member No.: 28

wow~~~ that was AWSOME!!!XD ur really good at writing man~~hehe

--------------------
user posted image
oh2sexy
Posted: Dec 25 2005, 03:44 AM

Fan

ohh more please lol omg its so good.. aha johnnyand his cousin with the snakeskin pants lol
Guchi2
Posted: Dec 26 2005, 12:32 PM

Loyal Fan

Member No.: 20

please please please keep going!!!!! i can't wait!!!!!

gUcHI2 biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
created by MCRx
allaboutangel
Posted: Dec 26 2005, 07:15 PM

ED KS P MR MH SG JG GA MD EP NF CF JW

Member No.: 17

Lett

You don't, and shouldn't, need me to tell you yet again(!) how much i love this story...

but feck it...

I LOVE IT! biggrin.gif

you know how much wink.gif

this was always one of my most favourite TFATF fics ever!

and you have to(!) update it on FanFiction.net soon please please please sad.gif

believe me guys.....you have so so much to look forward to tongue.gif

Chelle xxx

--------------------
Firefly - Favourite TV Show!
Serenity - Favourite Film!
Pink - Favourite Music Artist!
oh2sexy
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 09:52 PM

Fan

*goes to the site*
allaboutangel
Posted: Dec 31 2005, 08:00 PM

ED KS P MR MH SG JG GA MD EP NF CF JW

Member No.: 17

oh2sexy -

did you go?

did you find it?

did you read it?

did you love it? wink.gif

do you want more? tongue.gif

the last 2 should be no-brainers biggrin.gif

Chelle xxx

--------------------
Firefly - Favourite TV Show!
Serenity - Favourite Film!
Pink - Favourite Music Artist!
lettyrodriguez01
Posted: Jan 1 2006, 09:39 AM

Lex

CHAPTER SIX–Meeting New People

After the discovery of the bruises and cuts he had seen on Letty, Dom had taken to being more observant.

Not just around her, but with Mia as well. He knew that whoever did this to Letty was around Mia too because the two girls were inseparable.

What bothered Dom the most, was that Letty never brought it up or tried to talk to someone.

Meanwhile, Tony’s health seemed to be failing him. He wasn’t as lively as usual and he didn’t take the kids anywhere spontaneous like he used to.

He was scared that if he told Mia or Dom that he was sick that he would be succumbing to whatever was wrong with him.

For more than a month he kept it secret, he would until the day he couldn’t do it anymore.

With Tony starting to show signs of being sick, he knew it was time to get more workers. He wanted one or two people that knew about cars inside and out, not just claiming they did.

He didn’t need mechanics who couldn’t undo a bolt.

The garage had been busier than normal because the annual Race Wars was coming up. All of the racers came flooding in, expecting the best service that California could offer.

Most days the team would be there until late at night and a few times they saw themselves spending the night on weekends to get the work load done.

Long days were guaranteed right now but once the rush was over, they were all promised a few days break to re-energize.

Music was blasting from the car that Vince was working on, a 1996 Honda Prelude some metal-punk stuff he had found after raiding the CD collection in the glove box, Letty bounced her head along somewhat to the erratic beat as she took the tire off of the 1991 Camaro to replace the rims with new 20” Giovanna Anzio ones and Dom and Tony were working on putting a body kit and a rear wing spoiler on an Acura Integra. Also, Mia was busy filing all of the paperwork.

No one even noticed the two guys who entered the garage. One was shorter than the other, younger looking with shaggy blonde hair poking out of a beanie. He had deep sea green eyes and fair skin.

He seemed fidgety, nervous and kept his eyes cast downwards.

The other guy was bigger and more muscular built with the same shaggy hair but his eyes were lighter and his skin more tanned.

He was calmer and his gaze was set upon the workers.

“Knock knock.” He called out, getting the attention of Dom and Tony over the loud music.

“Can I help you?” Tony smiled kindly at the new-comer, coming over to them as he wiped his hands on a rag.

“Yeah, I was wondering if you have any job openings…” he paused, scratching his head for a second, his forehead crinkling lightly.

“I’m Leon.”

The younger looked up, an anxious smile on his lips.

“I’m Jesse.”

CHAPTER SEVEN-Welcome to the Team, I Guess

Mr Toretto nodded and held out his hand, shaking Leon’s firmly and then Jesse’s. “Tony Toretto.” He looked back at the others, Vince and Letty now aware of them. “That’s Vince over there and Letty,” he turned in Dom’s direction, “this is my son Dom and my daughter Mia is in the office.”

Dom walked over to join the three, his arms folding across his broad chest almost routinely. He gave them a curt nod before examining them both sceptically.

“Look Lett, its Officer Toretto coming out to play.” Vince snickered, causing Letty to hit him over the head as she chuckled lightly.

“Ignore them all, they don’t play too well with others.” A voice said from the door of the office. Mia stepped out with a gracious smile and glanced at her dad with a shrug. “They seem capable to me.”

Dom scoffed, “Mia, what would you know about cars and mechanics?” He asked mockingly.

“Nothing, only I’ve grown up around them, but absolutely nothing.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

The two siblings started arguing and Leon and Jesse took everything in them not to express their amusement, unlike Letty and Vince who weren’t doing such a good job.

Tony shot the two a displeased look and their laughter stopped abruptly, Vince almost choking as he did, and then looked at his kids. “Dominic, leave your sister alone!” he barked as Dom started to push Mia back, his hand on her hand as she tried to hit at him.

Laughing now, “She started it.” He grinned but stopped and ruffled his little sister’s hair, pulling her to him and kissing her head. Mia scowled deeply and pushed him away, going to stand with Letty next to the workbench.

“So…” Jesse started, now more uncomfortable than anxious.

“What can you boys do?” Tony asked.

“Well,” Leon started, “Jesse here has mad skills on a computer. He puts together these designs on ‘em and basically it’s an on-screen model of what the car will look like and all the stats. It saves a lot of paper work, you know.” He smiled quickly in Mia’s direction, “and I’m into body work. We can both do the basic mechanics too.” He finished, clapping a hand on Jesse’s shoulder.

It was Vince’s turn to question them. “Can you show us some stuff you’ve done?” the question was out before Tony could open his mouth.

“Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Dom, clear some space in the office please.” Tony led Jesse and Leon in after him and closed the door.

Jesse started to take out the laptop he had in his back pack and set it up, plugging it into the mains. He sat down in the chair Tony pointed to and started to click away.

Dom looked at him and noticed how focussed he was on the task and chuckled to himself.

“Okay, this is the first design I did, the software isn’t too great though. And this,” Jesse brought a new page onto the screen. “this is the latest design.” He glanced back at Tony and Dom to see what they thought.

“These are brilliant Jesse.” Tony announced with a broad smile, carefully eyeing the screen. “You did all of this?”

Jesse nodded, “Sure did Mr Toretto.”

Dom chuckled again and put a hand on Jesse’s shoulder. “Call him Tony and you’re hired. Both of you.” He nodded at Leon.

“Thanks man, we can start whenever we’re needed.” He said.

“You can start now. Dom, show Leon around the workshop. Jesse, show me around this software.” Tony pulled up a seat next to him.

“Sure thing dad.” Dom pulled Leon out of the office and brought him over to the workbench. “we got everything you could ever need.”

A slender hand that held a wrench slipped between them and hung the tool back up, taking the hammer in its place. Dom smirked and caught Letty’s hand playfully. “If you can’t find the right tool in this garage, you shouldn’t be near cars.” He concluded, letting Letty go with a slap on her ass.

“Hey new guy, careful you don’t step in the bullshit.” She glared at Dom before walking back to the Camaro.

Leon laughed and nodded, “Thanks for the advice.” He looked to Dom. “Girlfriend?”

Dom raised his brow and just shook his head, glancing back to her. “Friend.”

“A friend that he likes to stare at when she’s not looking.” Vince teased, chuckling at the annoyed look his best friend gave him. “She’s a spitfire, I’d watch out.”

“Welcome to the team, I guess.”

PLEASE REVIEW

Lett,
wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
AV & Banner by emz
Hannah
Posted: Jan 1 2006, 01:57 PM

gahh! please post more! tongue.gif i have been waiting for more since you posted the last time! it rocks!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (7) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5691 seconds | Archive